Many Jews and those interested in the Hebrew Bible are drawn to learn more about Jesus or Yeshua. They want to know if Yeshua is indeed the true messiah of Israel.
Unfortunately, many Jewish rabbi and even Christ do not really understand the true teachings of the Bible and especially the Hope of Israel contained in the gospel of Yeshua.
First of all, here are some misconceptions Jews make about Jesus Christ:
1. It is not true that Yeshua fulfilled all the prophecies about the messiah. Jews think that since Yeshua did not fulfil all the messianic prophecies, he couldn’t have been the messiah.
2. According to the Torah, the messiah would first come to Israel only to be killed. Jews in the first century never believed the Torah speaks of the first death of the messiah but later Jews got to understand this although they claim their would be at least 2 messiahs.
Here are Messianic prophecies that Yeshua fulfilled:
1. Born in Bethlehem of the house of David according to Micah but grew up in Galilee According to Isaiah 9:1,2
2. Born of a virgin as it is translated by LXX Isaiah 9:6. The later application is messianic and that is why Isaiah said it is a SIGN. A young woman getting pregnant is certainly not a sign.
3. He was pierced. Zechariah 12:10 is clear that the messiah that would come to deliver Israel from her enemies and restore the dynasty of David, was the same messiah that earlier on came but was pierced.
Zec 12:10 ISV “I will pour out on the house of David and on the residents of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and of supplications, and they will look to me—(concerning) the one whom they pierced.’” Then they will mourn for him, as for an only son. They will grieve bitterly for him, as for a firstborn son.”
Also in the Psalm, after this great deliverance, the Jews would shockingly realise that the messiah was same as the one they rejected. When Yeshua perfects the deliverance of Israel from her enemies, the whole House of Israel will sing Psalm 118. In that Psalm is a prophecy that says:
Psa 118:22 ISV “The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.”. Yeshua is this rejected stone/rock.
4. Yeshua rose from the dead according to scriptures. In one messianic Psalm, David wrote that the Holy one will never see decay after death. David was not speaking of himself but of the messiah:
Psa 16:10 ISV “For you will not leave my soul in Sheol, you will not allow your holy one to experience corruption.”
4 Yeshua is now in heaven at the right hand of God. This means that he will no longer be born in Bethlehem again, the Jews should look forward to the messiah that will suddenly appear, whose feet will be on Mount Oliveth to deliver Israel according Zechariah 14:1-9. David prophecied that he saw the messiah sitting at the right hand of God.
Psa 110:1-2 ISV 1 A declaration from the LORD to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.” 2 When the LORD extends your mighty scepter from Zion, rule in the midst of your enemies.”
5. Light of the Gentiles: Now gentile have come to know the God of Jacob through Yeshua. This comes with a lot of material benefit to Israel as no genuine Christian has ever persecuted any Jew throughout history but they continue to support Israel to today.
MESSIANIC PROPHECIES YET TO BE FULFILLED BY YESHUA:
Yeshua will come again from heaven to
1. Deliver Israel from her enemies
2. Restore the dynasty of David and rule the world from Jerusalem, Israel 🇮🇱
3. Elijah would first appear to condemn the present religion of Israel and soften the hearts of the Jews of those days to accept Yeshua.
I will quote a passage from the Bible, written by Paul, a zealous Jew who studied under Gamaliel but later saw Yeshua. Many do not pay attention to.
Rom 11:25-27 ISV
“25 For I want to let you know about this secret, brothers, so that you will not claim to be wiser than you are: Stubbornness has come to part of Israel until the full number of the gentiles comes to faith.
26 In this way, all Israel will be saved, as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion; he will remove ungodliness from Jacob.
27 This is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”
May God guide you to the truth. There is no atonement of sin in the present arrangement of Judaism. The God of Israel has given Israel the Pesach lamb in Yeshua to take away all sins for those that believe.
Isa 53:5-7 Tanakh+ 5 וְהוּא֙ מְחֹלָ֣ל מִפְּשָׁעֵ֔נוּ מְדֻכָּ֖א מֵעֲוֺנֹתֵ֑ינוּ מוּסַ֤ר שְׁלוֹמֵ֨נוּ֙ עָלָ֔יו וּבַחֲבֻרָת֖וֹ נִרְפָּא־לָֽנוּ׃ 6 כֻּלָּ֨נוּ֙ כַּצֹּ֣אן תָּעִ֔ינוּ אִ֥ישׁ לְדַרְכּ֖וֹ פָּנִ֑ינוּ וַֽיהוָה֙ הִפְגִּ֣יעַ בּ֔וֹ אֵ֖ת עֲוֺ֥ן כֻּלָּֽנוּ׃ 7 נִגַּ֨שׂ וְה֣וּא נַעֲנֶה֮ וְלֹ֣א יִפְתַּח־פִּיו֒ כַּשֶּׂה֙ לַטֶּ֣בַח יוּבָ֔ל וּכְרָחֵ֕ל לִפְנֵ֥י גֹזְזֶ֖יהָ נֶאֱלָ֑מָה וְלֹ֥א יִפְתַּ֖ח פִּֽיו׃
Isa 53:5-7 TS2009
“5 But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our crookednesses. The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, went astray, each one of us has turned to his own way. And יהוה has laid on Him the crookedness of us all.
7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted, but He did not open His mouth. He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, but He did not open His mouth.
Click to complete our free preparing for baptism lessons on the gospel here and we will personally keep in touch with you as you grow in faith.